Warrenville Park District undertook the Strategic Master Plan to serve as a “blueprint” for the District’s staff and Board of Commissioners in preparing them for the future. This is intended to be a dynamic and realistic document, designed to strengthen existing programs, facilities, and amenities while being guided by community values and changing trends.
The following goals were identified as a key outcome of this planning process:
- Maximize community engagement in an inclusive and innovative manner through innovative public input means to build a shared vision for the District.
- Utilize a wide variety of data sources and recommended practices, including a statistically valid survey to predict trends and patterns of use and to address unmet needs in the District.
- Determine unique Level of Service Standards to develop appropriate actions regarding parks, recreation, facilities, and trails that reflects the Park District’s strong commitment in providing high quality recreational activities and plan to acquire any remaining greenspace for the Warrenville community.
- Shape financial and operational preparedness through innovative and “next” practices to achieve the strategic objectives and future accreditation needs.
- Develop a dynamic and realistic strategic action plan that creates a road map to ensure long-term success and financial sustainability for the Park District’s parks, recreation programs, and trails, as well as action steps to support the family-oriented community and businesses that call Warrenville home.